Facilities at Whitelady House
Perfect for large families, celebrations & hen parties
A small list of what we have available
- Drawing Room with inglenook fireplace, woodburner, and large comfy sofas.
- Sitting Room with woodburner, sofas, TV, DVD / Ipod docking station.
- Dining Room with Arts & Craft Oak Table seating 14.
- 6 luxurious individually designed Bedrooms (2 king, 4 twin.)
- 4 Bathrooms – 3 en-suite.
- Central heating throughout plus fuel for woodburners.
- Cotton Bed linen, large fluffy towels, hot bub towels & toiletries.
- Electric oven / microwave / steam cooker / induction hob / Aga / integral fridge/freezer & American fridge/freezer / Wine Fridge / washing machine / tumble dryer / dishwasher.
- Wi-fi internet access.
- Games cupboard, full of board games and jigsaws.
- 5 TVs.
- House phone available for making short calls.
- Hot tub.
- Croquet Lawn.
- Barn containing table tennis and pool table (lit but unheated).
- South facing patio with garden furniture & fire pit with BBQ grill attachment.
- Landscaped gardens.
- Off road parking for numerous cars.
- No smoking.
- 2 Pubs in the village – 2 miles.
Why book Whitelady House for your self-catering holiday in Devon?
Downstairs at Whitelady House is a spacious modern kitchen, a large dining room which seats 12 guests with original slate floor. There are 2 sitting rooms, each with a wood-burner and a ground floor twin bedroom with ensuite shower room. Two separate oak staircases lead up to first floor.
There are 5 further bedrooms on the first floor, 3 with twin beds and 2 with king sized beds and their own ensuite. A third bathroom is shared by the twin rooms. The landing offers a light quiet reading area.
Whitelady House offers free Wifi and a hot tub in the large garden along with a firepit with BBQ attachment. We provide table tennis and croquet. Next door to Lydford Gorge we boast of 2 village pubs and Dartmoor on our doorstep. Dogs are welcome. We have a vast array of things to do in the local area and beyond.
One of the best ways to discover Dartmoor is on horseback. If you’re a novice or a beginner there is a trekking centre close by offering an hour or twos pony trekking. For keen and experienced riders, wanting a full day in the saddle or a multi-day ride we have joined up with Liberty Trails.
The Whitelady house dates back to the 1600’s. It was the farm house to the Manor hence its original name of Manor Farm. This was changed when the house was renovated to reflect it's position next to the Whitelady Waterfall in Lydford Gorge, the deepest gorge in the South West.
At Whitelady House we offer self-catering with the option of meals made to order ahead of your arrival, or a "chalet" style catering where we come in and cook for you at Whitelady House. For cooking alfresco there is a firepit with BBQ grill or (for an additional charge) wood-fired ovens are available.
“We all loved Whitelady House”
Read 10 reasons why you should make a “beeline” to book our “grand rental home near Lyford Gorge.”